Clear all

801 Day!  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
Phya
 Phya
(@phya)
Trusted Member

I woke up to Dick Fight Island and was thinking WTF!? And then imagining it being in my local, mainstream bookstore shocked me. They get other sublime titles but in our manga store 100% people who aren't even intrested in boys love will at least pick it up and look at it to see what the hell is going on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 3:11 pm
OuendanBLue
(@blue)
Member Admin

@boysloveparty I have no predictions but I hope futekiya also has some license announcements. I'm not sure other pubs will just because historically they haven't done anything? (I mean maybe June but that's a mixed feeling at best.) But I'd be happy to be proven wrong!

(Sorry to add on here! I forgot to respond when I had wanted.)

Looks like futekiya and June both delivered! Maybe not in the expected way.

SuBLime said during FujoCon that most of their licenses actually didn't finish up in time for 801 so we really need to expect only 1 or 2 from them on Saturday and hope, as they said, more comes later in August.

Excited to see what they have to announce next!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 3:20 pm
BL Party liked
OuendanBLue
(@blue)
Member Admin

@phya They get other sublime titles but in our manga store 100% people who aren't even intrested in boys love will at least pick it up and look at it to see what the hell is going on.

Hahah is this a good manga for people new to people should read

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 3:21 pm
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @blue

It's sorta interesting to see what direction the three publishers are going. Sublime pushing for more ecchi/hardcore content, June trying to keep the track they had originally, and futekiya having a mix of old and new-a wide range of BL.

I wonder whether Sublime is going for more ecchi stuff deliberately or if it's more the result of having strong sellers in their catalog that let them experiment more with new licenses than they have in a while. Maybe Ten Count and Given are bankrolling Dick Fight Island (😂😂😂). I'm curious to see what they announce later and what patterns might become more obvious then.

June, though... I'm disappointed that they still have the Twittering Birds license, actually, much as I want the rest of the series, bc who knows if they'll even manage to put out more than one more vol. I don't think they have much of a choice about what direction they can go, if all they can manage to announce is the next vol of a series they already had licensed. That new Sakira title they have is the first new title they've gotten in how many years?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/08/2020 6:10 pm
Paul
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Estimable Member

Oh my gosh Dick Fight Island is so trending even dudebros are desperate to check it out. Lol.

Anyway I'm glad Perfect Fit got licensed...Sneaky Red V3 might take more time but this is a good sub for now. Also Yamashita Tomoko's Illumination was a surprise - it was originally published by a little-known publisher. I even read the scans when I was new into BL.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2020 11:16 am
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @youngbluespring

Also Yamashita Tomoko's Illumination was a surprise - it was originally published by a little-known publisher. I even read the scans when I was new into BL.

I don't think the publisher does bl any more, but some good stuff ran in mellow mellow - Man of Tango, Double Mints, Red Blinds the Foolish...

Shodensha reran a couple of Tomoko Yamashita's titles in onBlue, so I was hoping that maybe futekiya could get one but I didn't really think they would. Maybe I'll dream bigger now and maybe est em's centaurs could be an option too. 😌

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/08/2020 5:03 pm
MovingCastleofYaoi
(@movingcastleofyaoi)
Estimable Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to write about it but did other people notice some weird things going on in the #yaoiday tag on Twitter? I am mostly to a non BL/yaoi related on twitter since I'm sometimes worried about family finding me but I was just browsing to see what else other people were doing on Yaoi Day and ... wow. What was going on and why so much idk mean tweets. 

Posted by: @jessinbooks

June, though... I'm disappointed that they still have the Twittering Birds license, actually, much as I want the rest of the series, bc who knows if they'll even manage to put out more than one more vol. I don't think they have much of a choice about what direction they can go, if all they can manage to announce is the next vol of a series they already had licensed. That new Sakira title they have is the first new title they've gotten in how many years?

Maybe they hired new people to June? I remember hearing somewhere the person behind their kickstarter left. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2020 3:21 pm
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member

(I have a whole lot to say about June, but I'm gonna move it over to the thread in that forum.)

@movingcastleofyaoi I dunno if this is the right place for it either, but there was definitely a lot of weirdness going on in the yaoi day tag on twitter - a bunch of mostly younger teenagers who are really heated up about their preconceived notions of what bl is learned about the hashtag and decided to spam it. It's nothing new, though, that same bunch of kids likes to scream all the time about "fujoshi" meaning straight women who fetishize gay men and they tried to crash Fujo Con. I just used the tag as a convenient blocklist and went on my merry way bc it's a lot more fun sharing my happiness about a genre I enjoy reading.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2020 7:01 pm
OuendanBLue
(@blue)
Member Admin
Posted by: @jessinbooks

I dunno if this is the right place for it either, but there was definitely a lot of weirdness going on in the yaoi day tag on twitter - a bunch of mostly younger teenagers who are really heated up about their preconceived notions of what bl is learned about the hashtag and decided to spam it. It's nothing new, though, that same bunch of kids likes to scream all the time about "fujoshi" meaning straight women who fetishize gay men and they tried to crash Fujo Con. I just used the tag as a convenient blocklist and went on my merry way bc it's a lot more fun sharing my happiness about a genre I enjoy reading

I can make a separate forum thread if people are interested in talking about this topic more. It’s sad that so many youngsters came out with vitriol and violent Tweets. Also jeez, didn’t know about the Fujocon thing. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2020 1:52 am
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @blue
I can make a separate forum thread if people are interested in talking about this topic more. It’s sad that so many youngsters came out with vitriol and violent Tweets. Also jeez, didn’t know about the Fujocon thing. 

tbh, I thought the crashing Fujocon thing was kinda funny since most of that whole crowd didn't find out about it until that Sunday so all they could really do was shout on twitter and maybe get a handful of ridiculous comments modded off the Twitch channel, since even if some of them were over 18, registration was closed by then. I hate that people keep doing that sort of thing, but if it has to happen, at least I get some amusement out of imagining them yelling furiously at the air while we were all having fun times on discord.

I had a lot of fun this past weekend too reading all the cheery, happy chatter on my twitter feed.

I don't really want a separate thread for this one myself bc I get sucked into fujocourse way too easily (like gawking at a trainwreck) and it gets me into a mood, so I won't talk about it any more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2020 2:36 am
MovingCastleofYaoi
(@movingcastleofyaoi)
Estimable Member

I agree, I'm fine without a second channel. I was curious to see if other people saw it and now sand and relieved I guess.

This is a late respond about the Sublime announcement but I guess the artist didn't know Dick Fight Island was going to be the English title?

https://twitter.com/i_reibun/status/1289854055649443840

Sublimes responses to the tweets are a little weird but...

https://twitter.com/SuBLimeManga/status/1289877164788080641

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2020 12:50 am
OuendanBLue
(@blue)
Member Admin

This has nothing to do with the thread at all (though I am excited to see more announcements in this "month" of Yaoi), but Yaoi Day feels like it was months ago even though it's only the 12/13 depending where you live. Hoping everyone here is doing well!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2020 7:27 am
Phya and jess liked
Phya
 Phya
(@phya)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @movingcastleofyaoi

This is a late respond about the Sublime announcement but I guess the artist didn't know Dick Fight Island was going to be the English title?

https://twitter.com/i_reibun/status/1289854055649443840

Sublimes responses to the tweets are a little weird but...

https://twitter.com/SuBLimeManga/status/1289877164788080641

Late responding (because I thought I already had) but it is strange that the artist didn't know about the name till it was announced. Could be because of how everything had been rushed due to covid, might be more common than we know. Only those in the know, will know.

As for the weird, it does sound rather dubious, but I do know if the name stays or changes will come down to the artist. We know they won't release anything without a full ok (said they would need to test the censorship and we would have more Embracing Love out if they just did what they wanted).

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2020 3:57 pm
MovingCastleofYaoi
(@movingcastleofyaoi)
Estimable Member

Bring this thread back to life since 801 day is really just 801 month!!!

A lot of people might have seen already but futekiya just announced a whole other round of manga licenses: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-08-15/futekiya-boys-love-manga-service-adds-24-home-sha-titles-volumes/.162983

I'm startled and surprised at Metro by Chika Hongo because the other manga in futekiya looks so different-talk about tone shift.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 5:23 am
Paul and Phya liked
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member

I am definitely here for a whole bunch of new Home-sha titles on futekiya, since I was wondering if we'd be getting any more from them after the Shodensha licenses were announced. More Dento Hayane! (I think there might be only one unlicensed title by them now?)

I'm also curious about Metro because that cover's caught my eye a bunch on twitter and I'm such a sucker for darker stories.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/08/2020 6:05 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: