Clear all

Fujo Con 2020, anyone else going?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
OuendanBLue
(@blue)
Member Admin
Posted by: @jessinbooks

Maybe we should make a thread about representation stuff later and talk about it here. I have a lot of thoughts on it.

That's a good thought. Will get to making it now.

Edit: made a separate thread: https://ouendan.blue/forums/main-forum/lgbtq-in-anime-manga/

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by OuendanBLue
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/07/2020 7:18 am
jess liked
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member

I've been super pleased with the panels I've gone to so far today. The bitches of BL one was excellent, even if there were a lot of technical issues that cut it short, but I figured it would be because I've liked Khursten Santos' blog for a while. The yaoi that hurt me panel was so much fun, it was nice to be in with a bunch of other fans of titles that maybe you don't want to rec without a whole lot of caveats, and same for the Hide and Seke panel.

(Also if anyone's looking for the recs from Hide and Seke, I wrote them all down while I was taking notes.)

I'm eager to see Futekiya's panel in a little while and hear from Ayu Yamane too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2020 12:37 am
ローラ (Laura), Paul, Phya and 1 people liked
Phya
 Phya
(@phya)
Trusted Member

I attended the same panels as Jess and they were all amazing. From amazingly researched educational pieces to having a little bit of fun and sharing BL trauma, theres such a variety and it's so much fun to see everyone having a good time.

I'm actually really surprised by how much the fandom has come together for this. I've never experienced this in my life so its oddly surreal. Its refreshing that everyone is sharing the stuff that is avilable legally. After someone saying there isn't many BL games and then helping compile the exploding rec list has made me very happy. All the panels are recommending titles too and made me realise how easy it is for things to get lost in the system. People with a futekiya sub didn't know a title was on there (scrolling back to older titles is hard though). Its made me feel that the database is something that would actually benefit the fandom after all.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by Phya
ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2020 8:42 am
jess and OuendanBLue liked
OuendanBLue
(@blue)
Member Admin
Posted by: @phya

All the panels are recommending titles too and made me realise how easy it is for things to get lost in the system. People with a futekiya sub didn't know a title was on there (scrolling back to older titles is hard though). Its made me feel that the database is something that would actually benefit the fandom after all.

Hope it can benefit BL fans! This has been an energizing experience, hoping BL fans come to visit the database and forum.

James Welker's panel was amazing-I loved the breakdown of the teams (and the subtle shade I dare say?)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2020 2:39 pm
Paul liked
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @phya

I'm actually really surprised by how much the fandom has come together for this. I've never experienced this in my life so its oddly surreal.

Me too! I love the sort of cool spirit that's hanging around everything, it's so nice to have a space to be enthusiastic with people and share knowledge and information and squeeing and stuff. I wasn't sure I was going to do much in the Discord, I'm glad I did... and that's definitely a huge benefit from a virtual con for me because there's no way I could've managed to talk to so many people irl.

And James Welker's panel was definitely so good. I knew a fair amount of the history already but he has such a great delivery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/07/2020 4:44 pm
Paul liked
fried green fujoshi
(@friedgreenfujo)
Eminent Member

I'm glad some of the panels are being recorded; it was disappointing that I had to miss everything so I'm looking forward to catching some of what was presented later.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 1:03 am
Paul
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Trusted Member

Missed the bara/geicomi panel and the pre-history panel, ugh. Hoping they will upload them.

The BL bingo was so hilarious, just seeing all those shows and some classics I have no idea they existed. And I realized after so long Honda-san (the skeleton bookseller) is a big Tagame fan...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 5:20 pm
Paul
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Trusted Member

Also I love how the recs sheet became so big by the end of the con! Not sure if all the recs in the manga room were recorded, though what's there in the sheet's so huge I dunno where to start...

And damn that BL manga title chat was so funny. #bangedmyrivalinanotherworld

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 5:22 pm
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @youngbluespring

Missed the bara/geicomi panel and the pre-history panel, ugh. Hoping they will upload them.

The BL bingo was so hilarious, just seeing all those shows and some classics I have no idea they existed. And I realized after so long Honda-san (the skeleton bookseller) is a big Tagame fan...

The prehistory panel is definitely going up, the panelist said so. It was excellent, definitely worth a watch when it comes up.

And the bingo mostly made me want to rewatch some of the really terrible anime that's out there. 😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 5:26 pm
Paul liked
Paul
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Trusted Member

My gosh, the corn...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 5:27 pm
jess
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Estimable Member

I do draw a line at the corn, I'm fine not seeing that again.

(And y'know, I knew that the pool of seiyuu doing bl stuff was small, but I'm not sure I fully appreciated exactly how small until watching back to back clips from multiple anime with the same voices.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/07/2020 5:43 pm
MovingCastleofYaoi
(@movingcastleofyaoi)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @friedgreenfujo

I'm glad some of the panels are being recorded; it was disappointing that I had to miss everything so I'm looking forward to catching some of what was presented later.

Same! So sad... I'm grateful the staff seemed to be addressing it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/07/2020 1:51 am
Phya liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: