Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Sales and Specials

Page 2 / 3
(@blue)
Member Admin

@allthefujoshiunite This is amazing!! Thanks for sharing it!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2021 10:46 am
Nora liked
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Reputable Member

There's an ongoing "yaoi" Humble Bundle to raise funds for an anti-Asian hate group...  https://twitter.com/humble/status/1385292520339517440?s=19

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/04/2021 6:45 pm
 Phya
(@phya)
Estimable Member

@youngbluespring I've only read one title in the bundle (and that was a one shot) so I ended up buying it. I've seen people complain saying there are bad titles in there, but even if I only like 4 volumes worth, it's already paid for itself. Hell I might find something I really like and would have never read otherwise.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 4:15 pm
Paul liked
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Reputable Member
Posted by: @phya

@youngbluespring I've only read one title in the bundle (and that was a one shot) so I ended up buying it. I've seen people complain saying there are bad titles in there, but even if I only like 4 volumes worth, it's already paid for itself. Hell I might find something I really like and would have never read otherwise.

I've seen majority of the titles on Renta and Manga.Club (like those weird black and white covers), though some are pretty tempting like Unohana and Emi Mitsuki titles in the higher tier...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 5:35 pm
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Reputable Member

Damn, to unlock the whole bundle I need to pay 2 days worth of my salary 😬

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 5:47 pm
 Phya
(@phya)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @youngbluespring

Damn, to unlock the whole bundle I need to pay 2 days worth of my salary 😬

Yikes. That's alot especially for a miscellaneous bundle. I think only 2-3 of the titles in the bundle have been reviewed too -_-'

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 6:55 pm
(@friedgreenfujo)
Trusted Member

I've read these out of the bundle and would say they're decent and probably worth buying:

Hachi/Ritsu
Where Night's Blackbird in His Sad Infamy Sings (that other Unohana one is probably worth getting too but I haven't read it) -- unfortunately this one didn't have the greatest translation vs the version on Renta, it was pretty stiff and had a lot of typos
A Love Story Between My Boss and I & sequel Another Love Story Between My Trainee and I (there's also a 3rd part but it's not included here, it's a very cute series though check it out even if you don't get it through the bundle)

I've seen good reviews elsewhere for those Sachi Murakami titles (This Boy is a Bottom which is on Renta  as Meow for Me and The 10 O'Clock Rule) and both of those are also part of a series or at least have interconnected stories, I've had them on my wishlist on Renta but haven't got around to checking them out.

A Tempest of Cage is one I bought recently but haven't read yet; it looked interesting enough that I burned some coinback coins on it.

If you bought just this short list individually you'd be looking at $30 at least so even if the bundle is full of mostly trash it's probably not a terrible value if you look at it that way.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 8:01 pm
Paul and Phya liked
 jess
(@jessinbooks)
Reputable Member

Ginza Neon Paradise is a good read too. I don't know how the non-Renta translation reads, but the story's good and a bit different.

I'm still wavering a bit on buying myself, but for the Unohara titles and the Emi Mitsuki title and some others that have caught my eye, it's probably worth it for me. At least it's a manga bundle that won't leave me with yet another set of To Your Eternity vols languishing on my computer. 😆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/04/2021 9:33 pm
(@friedgreenfujo)
Trusted Member

https://twitter.com/humble/status/1388599220530262020?s=20

oof, humble bundle this ain't it

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 3:53 am
Nora, Phya and Paul liked
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Reputable Member

Ugh, that's why there's so much flak for "white people" 😒

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 4:56 am
 Phya
(@phya)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @youngbluespring

Ugh, that's why there's so much flak for "white people" 😒

On behalf of all white people, I am sorry those people exsist.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 7:01 am
Nora liked
(@mrbatbird)
Estimable Member

Anytime I see something like this nowadays, the first thing out of mouth is “what year is it, 2005?” 

Also really says something when someone defines seme/uke but not tachi/neko, as the latter also seems to be used in BL with increasing frequency (purely based on the number of cat jokes I’ve seen).

Side note, why did they include “husbando”? As far as I’m aware, that’s just a general fandom thing, not a BL thing. Kinda weird.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 8:55 am
fried green fujoshi, Phya, midgeyu and 2 people liked
 Nora
(@allthefujoshiunite)
Eminent Member

I saw in the comments that the charity only gets 5% and the breakdown is given when you purchase a bundle, is that true? And do any of you know what's the 'fraud' is about with the bundle?

https://twitter.com/UaLaoghaire/status/1388685406460317698?s=20

(Half of the qrts is like free block list...)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 11:28 am
(@midgeyu)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @mrbatbird

Anytime I see something like this nowadays, the first thing out of mouth is “what year is it, 2005?” 

Whenever I see someone using the false shounen-ai vs. yaoi binary in the year 2021, I know that they don't read enough BL or spend enough time in the fandom to have any worthwhile opinions about it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 11:39 am
Paul, Nora, Claire Ellis and 2 people liked
 Paul
(@youngbluespring)
Reputable Member

What's sadder now is Humble making enemies of everyone - minors who think what they tweeted is the real thing, and adults who smell the bull and paddled them with article after article.

Not to mention, the donation controversy I had no idea about.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/05/2021 2:57 pm
Nora liked
Page 2 / 3
Share: